Prof. Sarath Kotagama
Professor of Environmental Science,
Department of Zoology,
University of Colombo,
Professor Kotagama is a member of the Environmental Council, Central Environmental Authority of Sri Lanka; Chairman, Biodiversity Experts Committee; and has received Presidential Award for contribution to environment activities in 2004 , he is recipient of distinguish service award for Conservation Education from Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) in 2003. The SCB, with a membership of over 6,000 science experts in 90 countries, is the premier professional society for those seeking to conserve biological diversity and represent the highest recognition that the Society bestows upon colleagues in the struggle to study, protect, sustain, and restore that diversity.Prof. Kotagama is the third Asian and the only Sri Lankan to receive the award. India’s Anil Agrawal and a Malaysian environmentalist were the earlier two winners of this award.
Prof. Kotagama is the third Asian and the only Sri Lankan to receive the award. India’s Anil Agrawal and a Malaysian environmentalist were the earlier two winners of this award.
Prof. Kotagama has many ‘firsts’ to his credit. He founded the Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka (FOGSL), the ‘March for Conservation’, ‘The Young Zoologists Association’, ‘The Sri Lanka Environmental Foundation’, ‘The Mihikatha Foundation’, ‘The Mihikatha Institute’ and the semi-government ‘Wild Life Trust’. Being actively involved in research on Birds and Wildlife, he has authoured several publications mostly on birds and has made outstanding national contributions. Significant among these are the National Wildlife Policy for Sri Lanka (1990) and the National Wetland Conservation Policy for Sri Lanka (1997), Strategy for the Preparation of the National Biodiversity Action Plan for Sri Lanka (1997).
He has also been the Director of Wildlife (1989-1992) and still provides expert advice to the Wildlife Sector. He is current President of the Eco-tourism Society of Sri Lanka and the President of Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka.
Dr. Peter Abrahamson
Sociology at University of Copenhagen
Peter Abrahamson is associate professor of Sociology at University of Copenhagen in Denmark. 2009 – 10 he was professor of social policy at Seoul National University in South Korea. His research interests revolve around comparative studies of welfare state issues: poverty, social exclusion, activation, spatial differentiation, regional integration and care services. 2006 to 2008 he lived in and worked on Central America, and before that he worked on Europe based at University of Copenhagen. He is co-author of Welfare and Families in Europe. Aldershot: Ashgate 2005 and co-editor of Understanding Social Policy in Europe. Taipei: Casa Verde Publishing 2008 and New Social Partnerships in Europe. Copenhagen: The Copenhagen Centre 2003. He has a Ph.D. in sociology from University of Copenhagen and a Ph.D. in public administration from Roskilde University. He has published more than 200 papers in journals and books.
He has been a visiting scholar at Boston University, U C Berkeley, U C Davis, Sorbonne, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Madrid, University of York, University of Mannheim, University of Nantes, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Central American Institute for Fiscal Studies in Guatemala, Center for the Implementation of Public Policies Promoting Equity and Growth, Buenos Aires, and Asia Center, Seoul National University. He has been invited to present his research at universities in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Russia, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Latvia, Germany, the
etherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, the UK, Canada, USA, El Salvador, Guatemala, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Japan, Republic of Korea, People’s Republic of China, Taiwan and India. His research is published in fourteen languages.
Mr. Dhanushka Dihan Wickramasinghe
General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University,
Mr. Dhanushka Dihan Wickramasinghe is a lecturer in English attached to the Faculty of Built Environment and Spatial Sciences of General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University. He obtained his first degree from the University of Kelaniya with English, French and Translation Methods as concentrations. He holds a Master of Arts Degree in Development Studies and Public Policy from the Open University of Sri Lanka. His research interests span across the implementation of language policies, politics of language, applied linguistics and translations studies. Mr. Wickramasinghe has conducted number of studies pertaining to the language policy implementation in Sri-Lanka. He is the standing Secretary of the Faculty Quality and Accreditation Cell. In addition, he serves as the Faculty Editor cum Technical Session Coordinator for the International Research Conference, KDU 2018.
- M. Humayun Kabir, Massey University, New Zealand
- S Chandrasekhar, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, India
- Nurul Mohammad Zayed, Daffodil International University, Bangladesh
- Gour Gobinda Goswami, North South University, Bangaladesh
- A. F. M. Ataur Rahman, North South University, Bangaladesh
- Gitanjali Sen, Shiv Nadar University, India
- Debdatta Saha, South Asian University, India
- Asad Karim Khan Priyo, North South University, Bangaladesh
- Ahsan ul Haq, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan
- AJIN, Kerala State Disaster Management Authority , India
- C. Jerome Samraj, Pondicherry University, India
- V. Nirmala, Pondicherry University, India
- Punarjit Roychowdhury, Shiv Nadar University, India
- Isabel Pereira Rodrigues, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Muhammad Idrees, Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan
- Mausumi Mahapatro Khan, North South University, Bangaladesh
- Dr. Wan Azman Saini Wan Ngah, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof. Manuel Couret Branco, University Evora, Protugal
- Dr. K. Anusuya Devi, PSG College of Arts and Science, India
- Dr Engr Javed Yunas Uppal, Government College Lahore, Pakistan
- Prof. Anand Prasad Mishra, Department of Geography, B.H.U, India
- Dr. Aisha Nazir, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
- Prof. M. Galtima, Gombe State University, Nigeria
- Dr. Zohra Jabeen, Institute of Management Sciences, Pakistan
- Dr. Pramanik Arup, East West University, Bangaladesh
- Asst. Prof. Shubra Gupta, Institute of Home Economics, India
- Prof. Eugene D. Thomas, North-Eastern Hill University, India
- Asst. Prof. Touhida Tasnima, East West University, Bangaladesh
- Dr. Wasana M. Herath, Uva Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Asst. Prof. Abdulla Galadari, Masdar Institute, UAE
- Dr. Sharifa Khalfan al Yahyai, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Asst. Prof. Wandinecia Tariang, North-Eastern Hill University, India