The 3rd International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development (ICPSD 2016)
The Third International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development (ICPSD 2016) to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on December 8-9, 2016, will represent a unique platform bringing together international scholars, practitioners, industry leaders and government officials to conduct meaningful, in-depth debate over the actual tools available to turn goals into strategies, and hopes into reality.
Call for PapersIn today’s present context, poverty is been considered to be a vital factor that has created an impact in the lives of the people constricting the growth and development to enable innovations to come into practice. To overcome this battle the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have been implemented to witness a radical change in eradicating poverty and its components. The achievement of the ultimate objective in the goals being addressed is by means of creating the adequate level of awareness among the persons relating to the subject and the general public. The 3rd International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development (ICPSD 2016) is believed to serve as that point where the awareness creation will take place at large under theme “Strategies for meeting SDGs.”
We warmly invite researchers, academicians, policy makers, industrial experts and practitioners to submit the abstracts of their papers to be entitled to be able to present their work to engage in knowledge expansion whilst creating a change for a better tomorrow.
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere;
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture;
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all;
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all;
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all;
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation;
- Goal 10.Reduce inequality within and among countries;
- Goal 11.Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable;
- Goal 12.Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns;
- Goal 13.Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Goal 14.Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
- Goal 15.Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss;
- Goal 16.Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels;
- Goal 17.Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book with ISBN. After the conference, all accepted full papers will be published electronically with ISSN (ISSN 2424-6735) in proceedings with a DOI number.
We will submit the proceedings to be indexed in the Thomson Reuters, SCOPUS, Mendeley, Google scholar, CiteULike and Cross ref for possible Indexing.
(Authors of accepted abstracts wishing to publish the full paper in the proceedings or one of the supporting journals should submit the full paper by 10 January 2017.)
International Journal of Development Issues
Editor: Dilip Dutta, School of Economics, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Sydney
Forum for Social Economics
ISSN (Print) : 0736-0932
ISSN (Online) :1874-6381
Managing Editor: Wolfram Elsner
Journal of Management and Development
ISSN 2392-4896 (online) ISSN 2392-4888 (print) Managing Editor: Trilochan Pokharel
Conflict, Security & Development
ISSN: 1467-8802 (Print)
ISSN: 1478-1174 (Online)
Editor: Prof. Dylan Hendrickson, King’s College London, UK
Listen to 2014 & 2015 ICPSD Participants
Journey of the ICPSD
1st International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development 2014 was successfully Concluded with more than 40 participants from 12 countries. Countries are namely Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Russia, Germany, Indonesia, Uganda, Kenya, Australia, South Korea, Nigeria and United States of America.
2nd International Conference on Poverty and Sustainable Development 2015 was successfully Concluded with more than 60 participants from 16 countries. Countries are namely New Zeland, Australia, Sudan, Denmark, China, Japan, Egypt, UAE, Sri Lanka, India, Germany, Indonesia, Nigeria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia and United States of America.